Vyralize is looking to become the next big cultural blog, but to do so we are looking for talented writers who are willing to grow with us.
Currently, we are looking for Film/TV Reporters to cover the latest news and emerging trends in the world of film and television. This includes coverage of new movies and TV shows, news about actors, directors, and other production related celebrities, and any social trends, among other things.
- Write 3-5 posts per week that appeal to the casual film/tv/cultural reader. Post coverage includes breaking news/emerging trends as well as op-ed pieces and other articles of interest/entertainment.
- Promote written posts via various social media and bookmarking outlets, as well as promote the brand in general, especially on the social front (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr)
- Discover new content via channels such as social media trends, press releases, interviews, etc.
What we look for in writers
- You must be consistent and self-driven. This isn’t a guest blogging position.
- You don’t need a degree of any sort, but make sure your spelling and grammar skills are up to par.
- You must have an honest interest in the film and television industry. We’re not looking for writers who are interested solely in making a quick buck. Good journalism comes from those who are truly interested in their area of interest.
- You must show us that you have the ability to get your posts out there with the potential for them to become viral. What’s the sense writing an excellent piece if no one is going to read it?
- You should have an outgoing and friendly personality since you will be required to interact with other peers on the Vyralize team and potential other professionals in the film and television industry.
What we offer in return
- Exposure – If you’re an up-and-coming journalist looking to boost your reputation, writing for us means getting more exposure and building your personal brand.
- Compensation – We don’t pay much since we are still a small blog but there are decent incentives depending on how much traffic and social lift you generate.
- Press Access – If you live in close proximity to events and conventions, we could get you press access, with basics like transportation and meals covered by us.
- Portfolio – We understand that eventually you would move on to bigger and better positions. However, you can always reference your work here at Vyralize if you need something to boost your CV or Portfolio.
Still interested? Send us your application below!