Vyralize is looking to become the next big cultural blog, but to do so we are looking for talented writers who are willing to grow with us.
Currently, we are looking for Gaming Reporters to cover the latest news and emerging trends in the world of video gaming. Our coverage is limited to the more big ticket games or games that have a potential of becoming big. (e.g. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Need For Speed, GTA, Dying Light, as well as hardware news about the various consoles and PC systems.)
- Coverage of upcoming video games for major gaming platforms.
- Generation of opinion pieces (from scratch or based on a recent news announcement) and top X lists.
Note that we are not looking for the nitty gritty coverage expected by more diehard gaming sites (e.g. about minor patch releases or wallpaper packs, etc.). When writing stories, you should ask yourself this: Are they shareworthy? Do they have the potential to go viral?
- Write 3-4 posts per week that appeal to gaming readers. Post coverage includes breaking news/emerging trends as well as op-ed pieces and other articles of interest/entertainment. Post content should be focused on a variety of popular content from various genres.
- Promote written posts via various social media and bookmarking outlets, as well as promote the brand in general, especially on the social front (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, N4G, Tumblr)
- Discover new content via channels such as social media trends, press releases, interviews, etc.
What we look for in writers
- You must be consistent and self-driven. This isn’t a guest blogging position.
- You don’t need a degree of any sort, but make sure your spelling and grammar skills are up to par.
- You must have an honest interest in the gaming industry. We’re not looking for writers who are interested solely in making a quick buck. Good journalism comes from those who are truly interested in their area of interest.
- You should be able to write about different genres of video games.
- You must show us that you have the ability to get your posts out there with the potential for them to become viral. What’s the point writing an excellent piece if no one is going to read it?
- You should be a team player. What we do requires group effort and if you can’t pitch in from time to time, this isn’t the place for you.
- Having an understanding of WordPress will be a great asset.
What we offer in return
- Exposure – If you’re an up-and-coming journalist looking to boost your reputation, writing for us means getting more exposure and building your personal brand.
- Compensation – We don’t pay much since we are still a small blog but there are decent incentives depending on how much traffic and social lift you generate.
- Press Access – If you live in close proximity to events and conventions, we could get you press access, with basics like transportation and meals covered by us.
- Portfolio – We understand that eventually you would move on to bigger and better positions. However, you can always reference your work here at Vyralize if you need something to boost your CV or Portfolio.
Still interested? Send us your application below!